news MH 370

Press Report

Catalogue of world wide news sources updated continuously

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+

Survivors 'unlikely' in missing IAF aircraft: Govt tells Lok Sabha

12 August 2016 10:42:04 The Asian Age

(Photo: PTI) Except 30 floating objects, no 'concrete' evidence over the Bay of Bengal was located. New Delhi: There are "unlikely" to be any survivors on board the AN-32 aircraft that went missing over the Bay of Bengal on July 22, the government said in Lok Sabha on Friday. This is perhaps the first categorical statement by the government on the fate of the 29 people on board the Indian Air Force (IAF) workhorse. Minister of State for Defence Subhash Ramrao Bhamre said during Question Hour that it is "unlikely" that there are any survivors after so many days of the incident. He was responding to a question by Deputy Speaker M. Thambi Durai, also an AIADMK member, who insisted that the search for the missing transport aircraft will not stop till its wreckage is found. The Minister said a variety of aircraft, including helicopters of the air force and coast guard, have been pressed into service to locate the plane. Merchant vessels and the fishermen community have also been requested to look out for debris. At least 30 floating objects were located but no "concrete" evidence has yet been found. Bhambre said the complete wreckage of Malaysian Airlines flight MH 370, which had disappeared on March 8, 2014, has not been found so far, while the wreckage of a French airliner was found over a year after it had gone missing, he said, explaining the difficulties in finding the missing planes. The wreckage and remains of the crew of a Coast Guard Dornier aircraft was also found after several days, he said. Bhambre said that on the fateful day, the radars tracking the aircraft had found a "thunder cloud bad patch" but the plane was equipped with the device to avoid such a disturbance. The ill-fated AN-32 had taken off on a routine courier flight to Port Blair from Tambaram air base near Chennai on July 22 at 8.30 am with six crew and 23 personnel, but never arrived at the destination. It was last seen on the radars at 9 am. Responding to a supplementary, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said in the last 24 months, no life has been lost in an air crash involving air force planes, barring the case of the AN-32 incident. He clarified that the Dornier aircraft which went down last year belonged to the Coast Guard. In his written reply, Parrikar said the air force had lost 7 aircraft in crashes in 2013-14 and 10 in 2014-15. In 2015-16, the number was six and upto August 9, 4 planes have crashed. "Upgradation, modernisation and replacement of military aircraft depend upon the national security/threat perception, strategic objectives and operational requirements of the defence forces and are reviewed by the government from time to time. This is a continuous process," he said. Former Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi (TMC) wanted to ask a supplementary on the issue, but was apparently not allowed by the Speaker Sumitra Mahajan. "You never allow me to ask...what is the point sitting in the House," he complained.

Vice All News Time12 August 2016 10:42:04


Flight Malaysia: there Were two new pieces coming from the aircraft

24 March 2016 19:02:55 Athens Times

The disappearance of flight Malaysia Airlines MH 370 and the absence of any trace of... of the aircraft for two years, are the biggest mystery in aviation history. So far only one piece has been found in a small French island in the Indian Ocean.However, as announced yesterday by the Malaysian authorities, there are two other pieces of aircraft, which almost certainly belong to the missing Boeing 777. These pieces were found on the coast of Mozambique, nearly 6,000 kilometers away from the spot where they had focus the research on finding the aircraft.The two new elements, as the experts argue, definitely belong to this type of plane, and -although they need more careful examination - they look like they belong in the lost flight. In any case, and if they prove to be true the first assessments, then confirmed the scenario that he wanted the plane to have fallen somewhere deep in the Indian Ocean. Yes, these new findings may reveal to the experts, and some new information about the flight path, such as, for example, the angle of the fall, or if there's been an explosion in the air. However, the investigations to the point where it is estimated that became the fall have covered about 70% of the marine area, and is expected to be completed until June, then will come the winter in the southern hemisphere which makes it even more the anyway difficult -and very costly - enterprises aircraft search.

Vice All News Time24 March 2016 19:02:55

Australian PM on news of debris confirmation

06 August 2015 06:58:19 - World News

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has spoken about the country's ongoing search operation for MH-370.......

Vice All News Time06 August 2015 06:58:19

Malaysian PM confirms MH370 was found on Reunion Island

05 August 2015 20:23:42 DEBKAFile

August 5, 2015, 9:03 PM (IDT) The wing fragment found on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean has been confirmed by experts as belonging to the missing Malaysian MH 370 which disappeared mysteriouslywith 239 people aboard 17 months ago. This was announced by the Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak at a special news conference Wednesday night. His government was now committed, he said, to finding the truth of how the tragedy occurred.

Vice All News Time05 August 2015 20:23:42

MH370: New object is not from aircraft

03 August 2015 09:04:48

An object found on the French island of Reunion has been confirmed as “a domestic ladder” and is not a plane part, amid reports that a new piece of plane debris possibly from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was found on the island. Malaysian director general of civil aviation Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said a piece of debris found on a beach near the town of Saint-Denis yesterday morning had nothing to do with the investigation involving missing MH 370. Rahman said: “I’m the one leading the investigation in France for the analysis of the (wing flap) piece brought back. I read all over media it (the new debris) was part of a door. “But I checked with the Civil Aviation Authority, and people on the ground in Reunion, and it was just a domestic ladder.” Flight MH370 was travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014 when it vanished with 239 people on board. Aviation experts at a ­military base near Toulouse, France, have been trying to establish whether the original wreckage is from the doomed flight.

Vice All News Time03 August 2015 09:04:48

New debris on Indian Ocean island not plane part

02 August 2015 18:14:37 - World News

Police on the French island of Reunion found more debris on the shoreline Sunday just days after discovering a wing flap suspected to be from the missing MH 370 flight. (Aug. 2)         ......

Vice All News Time02 August 2015 18:14:37

Probable MH 370 debris left Reunion for France

01 August 2015 12:23:46 Paris News latest RSS headlines - Paris

Plane carrying the probable MH 370 debris took off from Roland Garros International Airport of Reunion Island Friday night, heading to Toulouse, France for a further analysis.The wreckage ...

Vice All News Time01 August 2015 12:23:46

MH 370 – 1 year already

09 March 2015 19:43:50 Kuwait Times

The post MH 370 – 1 year already appeared first on Kuwait Times .

Vice null Time09 March 2015 19:43:50

MH 370 Malaysia Airlines Struggles to Salvage Its Image One Year On

06 March 2015 18:33:25 Malaysia News latest RSS headlines - Malaysia

With a new CEO and an evolving marketing strategy, the beleaguered airline is trying to rebrand and reinvent The past year has been a terrible one for Malaysia Airlines. On March 8, 2014, Flight 370 ...

Vice All News Time06 March 2015 18:33:25

Malaysia Says Disappearance Of MH-370 Was An Accident

29 January 2015 19:23:19 Malaysia News latest RSS headlines - Malaysia

A relative of a passenger of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH-370 holds a picture of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak with the writing "Please bring back my ...

Vice All News Time29 January 2015 19:23:19